Date posted: August 26, 2015Posting closes: September 8, 2015This job is temporary, full-time. Job location: Maple Ridge Park
Monkido Adventure Course Ground Patrol employees are an essential part of the WildPlay Element Parks team, providing excellent service for guests participating in aerial adventures and zip lines. Ground Patrollers are knowledgeable, friendly, passionate and able to identify others disposition and put them at ease. Energized by outdoor environments, they are physically active, comfortable with heights, and take satisfaction from supervising and helping others face challenges and push their boundaries.
To excel in Ground Patrol, you have an outgoing and confident personality, think on your feet, and demonstrate good sense in all decisions. Able to listen and identify the needs of others, you provide smart advice based on best practices. When necessary, you can be assertive to ensure that guests minimize their risk while participating in Elements. With above-average communication abilities you work effectively in an independent manner as well as part of a team. Prior experience leading or teaching outdoor recreation is an asset.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Consistently provide service that exceeds the guest’s expectations.
- Ensure guests enjoy safe, positive, enriching experiences.
- Demonstrate, teach, and assist guests in the use of safety equipment.
- Ensure the correct fit, adjustments, and use of equipment before and during Element participation.
- Ensure security rules are followed, without compromise.
- Monitor Elements for risk management, as well as assessing and intervening when situations require (according to certified WildPlay ground patrol methods).
- Report incidents of inappropriate guest/co-worker behaviour to the Team Lead or Park Management.
- Report equipment/Element malfunctions or abnormalities to Team Lead or direct Supervisor.
- Learn the emergency plan.
- Perform site maintenance, such as landscaping or grounds-keeping, along with other duties assigned by Team Lead.
- Participate as a positive and self-driven member of the WildPlay clan.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience in delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to consistently deliver high standards of work in outdoor, all-weather conditions.
- Unfailing attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good judgment, and strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to act independently and as part of a team.
- Clear Criminal Record check.
- A positive attitude and openness to feedback.
- Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge and experience in adventure recreation (either as a participant or through previous employment experience).
Reports directly to the Monkido Adventure Course Team Lead and at times to the Monkido Adventure Course Supervisor, or Park Supervisor.
Flexible schedule of full or part time work, according to the need of the business. There are requirements to travel to various site locations when appropriate, as well as working both evenings, weekends and holidays, when appropriate and beneficial to job responsibilities.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and resume directly to the Park of interest.
State: "Monkido Adventure Course Ground Patrol" and the Park to which you are applying in the subject and title of your application.
- Apply to Maple Ridge Park: email@example.com